Tis the Season for Sweaters and Soup!
Fall is my favorite time of year! When the air starts to get cold and the leaves change, the cravings start. I love reuniting with sweaters and hoodies. I start craving cinnamon, hot chocolate, and soup! The soup section of my recipe box is as big as my dessert section! Here is a recipe of a soup that I tasted and adapted to my own taste last year. It has become one of our new favorites. It is tart, healthy, spicy, fast, and oh so satisfying. Enjoy!
Salsa Verde Soup
1 lb chicken (boiled and chopped)
1 Tbs oil 1 small onion chopped
½-1 jalapeño diced very small
½ green pepper chopped
2 jars salsa verde
2 cans chicken broth
2 cans white northern beans
juice of 1 fresh lime
• Boil chicken and let rest and cool slightly. Chop and set aside.
• In the bottom of your soup pot, sauté onion, jalapeño, and green pepper in the oil on medium heat until translucent.
• Add salsa verde, chicken broth, beans, and chicken.
• Simmer until heated through.
• Turn off heat and squeeze in fresh lime juice right before serving.
• Eat as is or top with some yummies: pepper jack cheese, tortilla strips, dab of sour cream, or cilantro.
• Serves 6-8 By Kathleen