I'm always looking for cheaper ways to do things, I like the feel of success when I have reduced a process down to its ultimate simplicity. Maybe I feel that I have triumphed over the lure of branding and product marketing or maybe it's the way the $10 bill that could have been spent is now sitting nicely in my wallet. Along with the wonderful feeling frugality brings, feeling pretty is really great, too. So, I'm going to be doing a weekly series of fun and simple beauty remedies called "Pretty on a Penny". Here's the first of many, so stay tuned!
Baking Soda Exfoliate
1. make a thin paste with 4 tsp baking soda and 1 tbsp water
2. let it sit for 2 minutes
3. apply to face in small, circular motions to moistened face and neck (avoid eye area.
4. after 3 minutes, rinse clean with warm water
5. follow with a splash of cold water to close poors.
6. finish with your regular daily moisturizer.
7. look in the mirror and feel radiant!
note: dry or sensitive skin types should only use this mask every other week. Oil skin types can repeat the process weekly. Admittedly, baking soda doesn't smell as yummy as some store bought exfoliates, but it's fun to mix it in your skin care routine. I've also done this by making a small cup with my hands, adding baking soda and a little water and using the exfoliate in the shower, it works great!